Urban Fantasy Author
Book Bling Blog
Nancy Gideon's Prince of Dreams!
1. Have you ever gotten into a bar fight? Noooo . . . but I've been fought over in a few in my younger days with my '80s big hair, midriff tops and high shoes. I know . . . that's a picture you can't get out of your head!
2. Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before? I've never been across the ocean. I'd LOVE to visit Scotland, Ireland . . . anything British Isles.
3. If you were an animal in a zoo, what would you be? A sloth! I love those guys. No one expects much from them. They take everything in stride . . . and have great nails!
4. If you could have any accents from anywhere in the world, what would you choose? Australian. Because . . . everything sounds sexy with an Australian accent!
5. What were you like as a child? Your favorite toy? I was the imaginative kid who always came up with things to do. I loved toy horses. Each one had a name, a personality and a mission. They used to cover the living room furniture with their adventures. And, of course, I was always the storyteller, making truth a little bit bigger and more entertaining.
6. Do you dream? Do you have any recurring dreams/nightmares? I never remember dreams except for those very realistic ones just before waking up, and thankfully I haven't had a sweat-inducing nightmare since childhood (except when I wake up and realize itâs Monday and I have to get up to go to work . . .). Strangely, if I wake up in the night, I always have the same song stuck in my head. Maybe I was a Rockstar in a former life!
6. What are five words that describe your writing process? Organized. Focused. Plotline. 4:30 a.m. Post-Its!
7. Picture your favorite writing space. What are five objects you would find there? Coffee cup. Image of my hero. Scattering of Post-It notes. To Do List. Picture of my grandguy.
8. In 5 words, please describe your 'Romance Writing Style'. Emotionally captivating. Explosive. Jaw-dropping. Compelling. (I stole those from reviews for my latest book!)
9. What is your 'girl vice'? ie getting your hair done? Nails? Shopping? Gossiping? Chick flicks? Nails! Hands down! And I'm always rather pathological about accessories-even my Fitbit band has to match!
10. How has your environment & upbringing colored your writing? My mom always told me I could be anything I wanted . . . but first I needed an education. Thanks, Mom!!
Nancyâs Halloween Playlist https://bit.ly/2POWbNq
Werewolves Of London - Warren Zevon
Bad Moon Rising - John Fogerty
Werewolf, Baby! - Rob Zombie
Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Night - Disturbed
Somebody's Watching Me- Rockwell
Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
The Animal - Disturbed
Thriller - Michael Jackson
Prince of Dreams
House of Terriot
Date of Publication: October 2, 2018
Word Count: 98,500
Cover Artist: Patricia Lazarus
Tagline: Written in the cards . . . Who was this guy, her rescuer, her hero, her knight in shining 2-carats?
Kip . . . Prince in the shapeshifter House of Terriot
He'd said he wasn't a mobster. . . She should have asked if he was a monster.
Who was this too good to be true, always ready in a crisis guy working a menial job for her father? Ophelia knew things. Something was not quite normal about the Kip Terriot hiding behind another name in lace-up dress shoes and a preppy wardrobe â something wild and exciting as all hell. A dangerous something calling to that restless difference in her own soul.
Ophelia . . . daughter of his enemy, girl of his dreams
So sassy, so sweet so perfect . . . and what he had to do would destroy her.
Kip was in New Orleans to save his clan and his kind, not to play white knight for Ophelia Brady with her quirky habits, curvy body and tormented past. His deception would rip the heart from her world, not help heal it. Was his familyâs nemesis using his own daughter to make Kip the played instead of the player, pulling him between love and duty to make an impossible choice?
âEmotionally captivating! A brilliant conclusion to a unique series!â â Book Bling
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/g9qdy5RmkJg
Excerpt from Prince of Dreams . . .
An unnatural being from a family of shapeshifters.
Even now Ophelia didnât know whether to laugh or weep at the absurdity of it. Things like that didnât exist. Except she knew they did, just outside the peripheral, where worlds of fact and fiction met and mingled and blurred. Sheâd felt their presence in the shadows of reality all her life. She met them in her dreams and visions.
Kip Terriot gave them gorgeous face and form, but underneath, he was that creature with red eyes and sharp teeth. Her big, bad wolf, whoâd protected her from a robber and defended her from abuse, whoâd rescued her sister from the attack she still refused to acknowledge. Who loved his family and would do anything for them?
Who she loved too much to let go but couldnât give what he needed because she wasnât his kind.
Which was the greater fear, what he was or that sheâd fail him?
âWhat are we going to do, Phe? I donât want to lose this.â He brought her knuckles to his lips for a kiss.
âI donât want to lose you. But I already have, havenât I? Youâre a million miles away right now and almost out of reach.â
âIâm right here.â His argument brought her to him, her knees stepping over his lap to straddle him, arms circling his shoulders, face nestling against the curve of his throat where she rode his hard swallow. He held tight, trying to believe they could make this moment last, this glorious, fiery, tender moment that offered so much and promised so little.
âYou are my prince,â she whispered, breath moist and soft against his neck. âMy Prince of Cups. You rode into my life bringing romance, shaking my world to its foundation that first night I met you. It was in the cards.â
âFate,â he murmured, smile in his voice. âNo escaping it.â His fingers threaded through her hair, pulling back gently to tip up her face, offering sweetly parted lips and glistening eyes.
Heâd planned a sweet kiss but the taste of urgency and need in the sweep of her tongue ruined that noble ambition. They feasted upon one another for long, desperate minutes until she rocked back, thumb swiping the dampness from his mouth.
âGo, be who you need to be for them. Then come back and be who I need you to be.
Nancy Gideon is the award-winning bestseller of over 65 romances ranging from historical, regency and series contemporary suspense to dark paranormal and horror, with a couple of produced screenplays and non-fiction writing books tossed into the mix.
A legal assistant for a brilliant criminal attorney in Central Michigan (when not at the keyboard working on her latest book in progress), she feeds a Netflix addiction along with all things fur, fin and fowl and dotes on her grandguy.
Nancyâs also written under the pseudonyms Dana Ransom, Rosalyn West and Lauren Giddings. Look for reissues coming soon under those pen names!
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/NancyGideonAuthor/
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Nancy-Gideon/e/B001H9PV8E/
Nancy Gideon by Moonlight Goodreads Group:
10/10/2018 04:09:32 am
Dr. E, thanks for supporting me and my Prince(s)!! And for the uber fun questions!
10/10/2018 12:15:18 pm
Your answers made them uber fun!
10/10/2018 10:01:53 pm
Such a fun interview, looking forward to reading this
10/11/2018 06:26:16 am
What a fun interview. You both sound like very interesting people to meet.
Leave a Reply.
I blog there the 18th of each month!
Elizabeth Alsobrooks's books on Goodreads
Illuminati - The Book of Life
ratings: 12 (avg rating 4.33)
Illuminati: The Book of Life
ratings: 5 (avg rating 4.80)
The Keeper's Secret: Tell-Tale Publishing's Annual Horror Anthology
ratings: 2 (avg rating 5.00)
2016 NaNoWriMo Winner!
My Newest Release
An Amazon Bestseller!
Paranormal, Fantasy, Dystopia and Romance Reade...
This Is A Group for Readers,Writers and Reviewers of All Different Genres. Our Goal Is To Help P...
Books we've read
View this group on Goodreads »
©2014-2021 Elizabeth Alsobrooks. All rights reserved.